||BARRY ITZKOWITZ, CPA
“I enjoy working with clients of diverse backgrounds and helping them accomplish their goals, whether it involves minimizing their income tax or guiding them in forming or acquiring a business. It’s especially rewarding when I can help people learn something new.”
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Barry joined SLSF in 2000 and became a partner in 2002. Since 1976 he has been providing tax, accounting and consulting services to closely held businesses and their owners. He has advised clients on business matters including cash flow analysis, capital funding and debt structuring in merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions, and on structuring business ownership. The clients he serves encompass manufacturing, distribution and management companies along with health clubs, mortgage bankers and brokers, real estate developers and high-net-worth individuals.
In addition, Barry supports the technological infrastructure at SLSF. His responsibilities in that arena include overall strategic technology analysis for the firm including hardware, software, and day-to-day operations, which enables SLSF to stay on the cutting edge of technology. Barry is a member of the Technology Section of AGN North America, an international association of separate and independent accounting and consulting firms.
An excellent teacher and trainer, Barry enjoys helping clients as well as SLSF staff members learn and grow. He speaks frequently at seminars and panel discussions on tax issues for audiences of hotel owners and real estate professionals. Before coming to SLSF, Barry was associated for 11 years with Louis, Price and Company, and for 12 years with a large Chicago-area CPA firm.
Among the services Barry provides:
- Tax Planning & Compliance
- Accounting & Assurance
- Business Consulting
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Forecasting for Investments
Thorough and analytical, Barry makes it a priority to fully understand each client’s wants and needs so that he can provide counsel, recommendations and referrals to help them achieve their objectives. He strives to help clients navigate the complex world of income taxes and identify every opportunity for maximizing wealth. Clients appreciate Barry’s easy manner, caring attention to detail, and frequent “teaching moments.”
EDUCATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Northern Illinois University
- Frequent speaker and panelist at Americas Best Value Inn International Educational Conference
- Profiled in a Chicago Tribune feature story in July 2001
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Illinois CPA Society, member
- Skokie Chamber of Commerce, Treasurer
- SLSF representative to Technology Section of AGN North America, an international association of separate and independent accounting and consulting firms
- Northwest Suburban Manufacturers Organization: past Vice President, Treasurer and board member
- Real Estate Investors Association, past member