||SHARYL A. ROSS, CPA
“My mission is to help people, earn their trust, and make a difference in their lives. Once I discover who they are – their dreams, goals, desires and concerns – I partner with them to work through and implement some of their most important life decisions.”
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Sharyl joined SLSF in 1990 and became a partner in 2007. As a tax specialist, Sharyl assists her clients in implementing tax strategies to minimize their income and estate taxes. Her clients include high-net-worth individuals as well as privately held businesses comprising professional service firms, real estate investors and developers, restaurants, and health care providers. She advises clients on entity structure, income tax and estate tax planning strategies, and succession planning.
Sharyl was initially the first person in the tax department, and she has been instrumental in developing and growing SLSF’s tax practice. By recruiting, training and retaining staff, establishing an in-house tax library, and evaluating and implementing technology tools and resources, Sharyl has made the tax practice a vital part of the firm. Before coming to SLSF, she spent four years at Chicago-based Price Waterhouse and six years at Friedman, Eisenstein, Raemer & Schwartz.
Among the services Sharyl provides:
- Income Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Entity Structure
- Succession Planning
Insightful and compassionate, Sharyl seeks first to earn her clients’ trust. She is quick to uncover the essence of a situation, and tenacious in problem-solving. Known as a hard worker with a heart of gold, Sharyl is appreciated by clients for her expert tax knowledge, strong ethical values, approachability, and penchant for creative out-of-the-box solutions.
EDUCATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, with honors, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Illinois CPA Society, member
- Jewish Professionals B2B Networking Group, Treasurer
- Board member of Libenu – a not-for-profit organization that serves the unique residential needs of Chicago area developmentally disabled Jewish adults
- Board member of Yachad – a not-for -profit organization addressing the needs of Jewish individuals with disabilities, creating and promoting inclusive community programs